Thursday, January 7, 2010

New Year's Resolution

My New Year's resolution was to be free. On New Year's Day I asked a dream-incubation question, "What is my freedom?" and had a dream where a man gives me a squirrel hanging from a sick. I see that it is dead and dip it into a stream, then mock the man who brought it. He leaves and joins a woman, and I motion, still mockingly, for them to return. They look at the house in which I'm in, impressed--my rich Aunt's house in Florida, and I tell them, "We don't live here". We are living in the more modest house of my Grandparents in Columbia, SC.

Am I free from my childhood ideal of my rich Aunt's home? My Grandmother was very spiritual; perhaps that is my freedom. Or am I a squirrel at the end of his rope?

Let me hear how your New Year's Resolutions played out in dream or in waking reality.

4 comments:

  1. The only dream I remember from New Year's time is one in which I built a house out of papers. I took it as a good sign about the old writing, but then again, I tend to take everything that way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I incubated for courage, good health and financial sustainability (for us and the world).

    Couldn't help but notice the unintentional misspelling in your blog post: "squirrel hanging from a sick." I also thought about the ritual of baptism, which relates to the freshness of the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline, What did you do with your house, once it was built?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ryan, Thanks for the feedback. How would courage empower you this year?

    ReplyDelete